Commercial Vehicle OBE
The Commercial Vehicle On-Board Equipment (OBE) resides in a commercial vehicle and provides the sensory, processing, storage, and communications functions necessary to support safe and efficient commercial vehicle operations. It provides two-way communications between the commercial vehicle drivers, their fleet managers, attached freight equipment, and roadside officials. A separate 'Vehicle OBE' physical object supports vehicle safety and driver information capabilities that apply to all vehicles, including commercial vehicles. The Commercial Vehicle OBE supplements these general ITS capabilities with capabilities that are specific to commercial vehicles.
This physical object is included in the following Service Packages:
- CVO01: Carrier Operations and Fleet Management
- CVO02: Freight Administration
- CVO03: Electronic Clearance
- CVO05: Commercial Vehicle Parking
- CVO06: Freight Signal Priority
- CVO07: Roadside CVO Safety
- CVO08: Smart Roadside and Virtual WIM
- CVO09: Freight-Specific Dynamic Travel Planning
- CVO10: Road Weather Information for Freight Carriers
- CVO11: Freight Drayage Optimization
- CVO12: HAZMAT Management
- CVO13: Roadside HAZMAT Security Detection and Mitigation
- CVO14: CV Driver Security Authentication
- CVO15: Fleet and Freight Security
- CVO16: Electronic Driver Logs
- CVO17: Intelligent Access Program
- CVO18: Intelligent Access Program - Weight Monitoring
- CVO19: Intelligent Speed Compliance
- CVO21: International Border Electronic Clearance
- PS05: Vehicle Emergency Response
- PS06: Incident Scene Pre-Arrival Staging Guidance for Emergency Responders
- VS04: V2V Special Vehicle Alert
This physical object has the following security levels for the associated service packages.
This interaces diagram had many interfaces and so was broken up into a Subsystem and Terminator interfaces diagram.
Subsystem Interfaces Diagram
Currently, there are no standards associated with the physical object itself though the interfaces may have standards associated with them. For standards related to interfaces, see the specific information flow triple pages.