Physical Object: Commercial Vehicle OBE
CV On-Board Trip Monitoring
'CV On-Board Trip Monitoring' provides the capabilities to support fleet management with automatic vehicle location and automated mileage and fuel reporting and auditing. In addition, this equipment is used to monitor the planned route and notify the Fleet and Freight Management Center of any deviations.
This functional object is included in the "Commercial Vehicle OBE" physical object.
This functional object is included in the following service packages:
- CVO01: Carrier Operations and Fleet Management
- CVO02: Freight Administration
- CVO09: Freight-Specific Dynamic Travel Planning
- CVO10: Road Weather Information for Freight Carriers
- CVO14: CV Driver Security Authentication
- CVO15: Fleet and Freight Security
This functional object is mapped to the following Functional View PSpecs:
- 2.1.4: Provide Commercial Vehicle Driver Routing Interface
- 2.2.2: Provide Vehicle Static Route
- 2.2.3: Provide CV Driver Electronic Credential and Tax Filing Interface
- 2.2.4: Provide Commercial Vehicle Driver Communications
- 2.4.4: Provide Commercial Vehicle Driver Interface
- 2.4.5: Communicate Commercial Vehicle On-board Data to Vehicle Manager
- 2.4.6: Provide Commercial Vehicle On-board Data Store Interface
- 2.4.8: Correlate Commercial Vehicle Route
|The commercial vehicle shall compute the location of the commercial vehicle and its freight equipment based on inputs from commercial vehicle measures (e.g. identity, distance traveled, etc.) and a positioning system.
|The commercial vehicle shall provide details of the route to the driver as received from the commercial vehicle fleet management center.
|The commercial vehicle shall provide warnings to the driver when the vehicle's location has deviated from its planned route.
|The commercial vehicle shall warn the commercial vehicle fleet management center when the vehicle's location has deviated from its planned route.
|The commercial vehicle shall maintain the driver's daily log, vehicle location, mileage, and trip activity (includes screening, inspection and border clearance event data as well as fare payments) and distribute it to the driver and to the commercial vehicle fleet management center upon request.
|The commercial vehicle shall provide on-board vehicle data to the commercial vehicle fleet management center upon request - includes location, credentials, driver license citations, fuel purchase data, identity details, inspection data, log data, service records, safety systems diagnostics, and freight equipment data.
|The commercial vehicle shall maintain the interface between the vehicle, its driver, and the commercial vehicle fleet management center for dispatch, routing, and special instructions as well as payment, and enrollment information.
|The commercial vehicle shall receive customized traveler information from traveler information centers to include truck routes, permit information, truck stops, inspection stations, steep grades, high-profile vehicle advisories, etc. Information provided includes freight-related road and weather conditions, parking information, and route plans.
|The commercial vehicle shall collect and process environmental sensor data, including air temperature and rain sensors.
|The commercial vehicle shall transmit environmental probe data to the center along with location and timestamp information.
Currently, there are no standards associated with the functional object itself though the interfaces may have standards associated with them.