The Systems Engineering Tool for Intelligent Transportation (SET-IT) Version 9.0 (September 2021) provides a single software tool that integrates drawing and database tools with the Architecture Reference for Cooperative and Intelligent Transportation (ARC-IT) so that users can develop project architectures for pilots, test beds and early deployments. This software is provided as-is, with no implied warranty. Additional functionality will be added in future versions. While the development team will make every effort to maintain compatibility between versions, it is possible that a future version will not be 100% compatible with this release.
Highlights of Features:
- Ability to import projects from RAD-IT, including changes made to the RAD-IT file
- Assorted usability and performance improvements, including tweaks to the diagrams and a new Update Diagram tool for Layer 0 or Layer 1 physical view diagrams or enterprise view diagrams
- Numerous bug fixes, including issue during installation with Access Database Engine
- Full compatibility with ARC-IT version 9.0. All ARC-IT 9.0 content (including new service packages and the enhanced communications view) included.
For a complete list of associated changes, see the SET-IT What's New page.
After you download and install the software, consult the Readme file to see what's new in this version.
September 2021 Installation Issues:
Previous versions of SET-IT relied on Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010. That dependence has been removed with the March 2021 release but there are some one-time steps that need to be done in order for SET-IT to work properly. See the ADE Steps page for instructions.
Contact the Helpdesk if you have any questions.
- Some users have reported that they get a System Resources Exceeded error. There is an option in the Advanced Options menu to increase the maximum number of file locks to try and alleviate this issue. Check that if you are having these issues. If they continue, please contact the Help Desk.
- Following installation some users have reported an error that "Access is denied" when they try to launch the tool. This is due to a conflict between the SET-IT installation and your anti-virus software. Try temporarily disabling your anti-virus software and reinstalling SET-IT.
A copy of Microsoft Visio 2010 or newer is required for systems running Microsoft Office 2010 up to and including Microsoft Office 2013 SP1. If your system uses Microsoft Office 2016, you must use Microsoft Visio 2016. In addition, make sure your system is up-to-date with the latest Office Updates from Microsoft. In order to utilize tabular output functions, the user must have MS Word or MS Excel.
A 64 Bit version of SET-IT is available for download for those users that currently have 64 bit versions of Office/Visio. If you have a 32 bit version of Office/Visio then you need to use the 32 bit version of SET-IT.
For users of the current or previous versions of SET-IT:
- Be sure that SET-IT is not running when you install the new version of SET-IT
- If you have an old version of SET-IT it is a good idea to uninstall it first and reboot your PC prior to installing the new version.
Support Services: Our customer support team is standing by to offer friendly, responsive technical support to SET-IT users. You can contact customer support via phone or email. To receive the best support, please have the following information ready before contacting us:
- The version of SET-IT that you are using.
- The version and name of your operating system, Office product, and Visio.
- A brief description of your problem or issue.