What's New in SET-IT
The Systems Engineering Tool for Intelligent Transportation (SET-IT) is a software tool that integrates drawing and database tools with the Architecture Reference for Cooperative and Intelligent Transportation (ARC-IT) so that users can develop project architectures for ITS. SET-IT provides enhanced capabilities for project architecture development that go beyond the capabilities offered in RAD-IT.
SET-IT Version 9.0 updated September 2021, now available for download, includes the following new-and-improved features:
- Use ARC-IT Version 9.0: Convert your SET-IT projects (from v8.0 or later) so they are compatible with ARC-IT Version 9.0 providing access to the latest services and features of ARC-IT described on the ARC-IT What's New page. SET-IT's Conversion facility supports quick and easy conversion of existing SET-IT files.
- Diagram Update: A new tool on the menubar lets you update your physical layer 0 or layer 1 diagram or your enterprise view diagrams. This helps when you've made changes to the underlying parts of the architecture and don't want to have to redraw the higher-level diagrams.
- New Alternatives Considered field: This new field on the Overview window provides a place to enter alternatives that were considered during your project systems engineering analysis in support of Federal Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 940.11.
- Installation enhancement: Installation now detects and warns you that you have existing version of SET-IT installed and will automatically uninstall it for you. Another option is to automatically launch SET-IT when installation is complete.
- New Sort capabilities: The definitions grids now let you move columns around to support alternative sorting options.
- Automated Backup: The Options menu includes settings to establish how often, and where a backup can be made for your SET-IT files. You can also determine how much of the files will be backed up - just the database/diagrams or all the files.
- Search: search feature expanded to include searching the text of needs, communications profiles, solutions, and issues.
- Communications: The Comm view has been significantly updated to show more detailed communications solutions that include data & communications profiles consisting of a set to ITS and larger communications standards needed to support the ITS services.
- New Text Tools: A Hide Text button quickly hides the text labels on the flow or interconnect lines. This complements the existing Text tools.
- Numerous bug fixes and minor enhancements: All issues identified in earlier releases of SET-IT have been addressed and many other minor enhancements have been implemented. This included related to Shape Properties, Diagram Cleanup Tool and Interconnect selection. Be sure to upgrade for the latest features and best performance.
- Some users have been unable to access the Help file within SET-IT. This may be due to a recent Microsoft 365 update. There is a PDF version of the Help file available from the ARC-IT website under Resources / Documents.
- Some users have reported that they get a System Resources Exceeded error. There is an option in the Advanced Options menu to increase the maximum number of file locks to try and alleviate this issue. If these issues continue, please contact the Help Desk.
- Following installation some users have reported an error that "Access Is denied" when they try to launch the tool due to a conflict between the SET-IT installation and your anti-virus software. Try temporarily disabling your anti-virus software and reinstalling SET-IT.