The Regional Architecture Development for Intelligent Transportation (RAD-IT) Version 9.2 (September 2023) (now available for download) is a software application that supports development of regional and project ITS architectures using ARC-IT as a starting point. RAD-IT assists transportation planners and system integrators, both in the public and private sectors. The user interface for provides support for the Federal Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 940.09 for Regional ITS Architectures and Standards, with features like:
- Stakeholders and associated Inventory
- Project Sequencing Support
- Operational Concept (i.e. Agency Roles and Responsibilities)
- Functional Requirements Support
- Support for List of Agreements, selected based on interfaces between stakeholders' elements
- User Tailored List of Standards based Communications Solutions
- Transferring project information between RAD-IT and the Systems Engineering Tool for Intelligent Transportation (SET-IT)
For a complete list of associated changes, see the RAD-IT What's New page.
After you download and install the software, consult the Readme file to see what's new in this version.
Previous versions of RAD-IT relied on Microsoft Access Database Engine (ADE) 2010 and some users reported issues attempting to save a file due to issues with ADE. That dependence has been removed with the March 2021 release but there are some one-time steps that need to be done in order for RAD-IT to work properly. See the ADE Steps page for instructions.
Contact the Helpdesk if you have any questions.
- Generating outputs, such as the web pages or batch diagrams, using a network file share may cause an error - set Synchronization Off when generating outputs.
- Following installation some users have reported an error that "Access is denied" when they try to launch the tool. This is due to a conflict between the RAD-IT installation and your anti-virus software. Try temporarily disabling your anti-virus software and reinstalling RAD-IT.
RAD-IT includes a Conversion facility that supports quick and easy conversion of existing Turbo and RAD-IT databases, providing a convenient migration path for existing Turbo or RAD-IT users.
Support Services: Our customer support team is standing by to offer friendly, responsive technical support to RAD-IT users.
If you can't find what you need in the knowledge base, you can contact customer support via phone or email. To receive the best support, please have the following information ready before contacting us:
- The version of RAD-IT that you are using.
- The version and name of your operating system and Office products.
- A brief description of your problem or issue.
Telephone: (800) 260-1001