What's New in RAD-IT
Regional Architecture Development for Intelligent Transportation (RAD-IT) is a software application that supports development of regional and project ITS architectures using the Architecture Reference for Cooperative and Intelligent Transportation (ARC-IT) as a starting point. RAD-IT is the successor to Turbo Architecture.
RAD-IT Version 9.0 updated September 2021, now available for download, includes the following new-and-improved features:
- Use ARC-IT Version 9.0: Convert your regional and project ITS architectures so they are compatible with ARC-IT Version 9 providing access to the latest services and features of ARC-IT described on the ARC-IT What's New page. RAD-IT's Conversion facility supports quick and easy conversion of existing RAD-IT or Turbo databases.
- New Project Characteristics fields: New fields on the Start tab provides places to enter procurement approaches, operational resources, and alternatives that were considered during your project systems engineering analysis in support of Federal Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 940.11.
- Installation enhancement: The installation process now detects and warns you that you have existing version of RAD-IT installed and will automatically uninstall it for you. Another option is to automatically launch RAD-IT when installation is complete.
- Service Package Autoselect: The Autoselect button on the Services tab now includes separate options to autoselect based on entries on your Planning tab or based on entries from your Needs tab.
- New Sort capabilities: The Interfaces tab and Communications tab now let you move columns around to support alternative sorting options.
- Automated Backup: The Options menu includes settings to establish how often and where a backup can be made for your RAD-IT database.
- Import: projects imported between RAD-IT and SET-IT now include agreements
- Needs: there is a new Search button on the Needs tab to let you search across the needs, either in your current file or in the source ARC-IT database for needs that may be included in your region or project.
- Diagrams: Create interconnect and information flow diagrams that use ARC-IT's color scheme for the elements - blue for vehicles, green for centers, etc.
- Numerous bug fixes and minor enhancements: All issues identified in earlier releases of RAD-IT have been addressed and many other minor enhancements have been implemented. This included Build settings issues and performance enhancements to the Interfaces tab for project architectures. Be sure to upgrade for the latest features and better, more resilient performance.
- Some users have reported that they get a System Resources Exceeded error. There is an option in the Advanced Options menu to increase the maximum number of file locks to try and alleviate this issue. If these issues continue, please contact the Help Desk.
- Following installation some users have reported an error that "Access Is denied" when they try to launch the tool due to a conflict between the RAD-IT installation and your anti-virus software. Try temporarily disabling your anti-virus software and reinstalling RAD-IT.