Physical Object: Commercial Vehicle OBE
CV On-Board Drayage Support
'CV On-Board Drayage Support' communicates with the Intermodal Terminal, Fleet and Freight Management (dispatch), and third party services to support efficient drayage operations. This application provides information to the commercial vehicle driver identifying loads and efficient schedules and routes for transport to avoid terminal congestion and minimize bobtail/dry runs. It provides information to dispatch on current truck/equipment/load status.
This functional object is included in the "Commercial Vehicle OBE" physical object.
This functional object is included in the following service packages:
This functional object is mapped to the following Functional View PSpecs:
- 2.4.2: Collect On-board Commercial Vehicle Sensor Data
- 2.4.3: Analyze Commercial Vehicle On-board Data
- 2.4.5: Communicate Commercial Vehicle On-board Data to Vehicle Manager
- 2.4.7: Manage CV On-board Data
- 2.4.8: Correlate Commercial Vehicle Route
- 2.4.9: Authenticate Commercial Vehicle Driver
- 2.6.5: Manage Commercial Vehicle Tag Data Store
- 22.214.171.124: Provide Driver Interface for Intermodal Freight Dispatch
- 126.96.36.199: Monitor Freight Equipment Status
- 188.8.131.52: Manage On-Board Facility Access
|01||The commercial vehicle shall compute the location of a container within an intermodal facility when a container is to be picked up or delivered to, and forward it to the roadside check facility.|
|02||The commercial vehicle shall forward information concerning the freight equipment on to fleet and freight management center.|
|03||The commercial vehicle shall forward driver daily log showing hours in service for the current driver to fleet and freight management center.|
|04||The commercial vehicle shall forward vehicle data to fleet and freight management center.|
|05||The commercial vehicle shall monitor the status of the vehicle, including any freight equipment in order to determine the availability for load matching.|
|06||The commercial vehicle shall maintain an interface to the driver to support dispatching and responses to commands.|
|07||The commercial vehicle shall request routing, payment and enrollment information from the motor carrier on behalf of the commercial vehicle operator.|
Currently, there are no standards associated with the functional object itself though the interfaces may have standards associated with them.