2.4.2: Collect On-board Commercial Vehicle Sensor Data
This process shall be responsible for continuously monitoring the conditions on-board a commercial vehicle. This process shall collect and store vehicle mass / weight data, vehicle speed, and other vehicle sensor data. These inputs shall be processed by sensors, and if required converted from analog into a digital form. The process shall continuously analyze these inputs, along with a precise current time and location of the vehicle provided by other processes within the general vehicle functions. The process shall data load all collected into an on-board vehicle data store for use by other processes in the vehicle. This process shall collect data from special weight or mass monitoring equipment that is monitoring the attached trailers or freight equipment for the current weight / mass.
This process is associated with the Commercial Vehicle OBE physical object.
This process is associated with the following functional objects:
- CV Driver Work Records
- CV On-Board Access Monitoring
- CV On-Board Cargo Monitoring
- CV On-Board Drayage Support
- CV On-Board Electronic Screening Support
- CV On-Board Mass Monitoring
- CV On-Board Safety and Security
- CV On-Board Signal Priority
- CV On-Board Special Vehicle Safety
- CV On-Board Speed Monitoring
This process is associated with the following data flows: