Physical Object: Commercial Vehicle OBE
CV On-Board Signal Priority
'CV On-board Signal Priority' provides the capability for commercial vehicles to determine eligibility for priority and request signal priority at signalized intersections, ramps, and interchanges through short range communication with traffic control equipment at the roadside.
This functional object is included in the "Commercial Vehicle OBE" physical object.
This functional object is included in the following service packages:
This functional object is mapped to the following Functional View PSpecs:
- 2.1.4: Provide Commercial Vehicle Driver Routing Interface
- 2.2.2: Provide Vehicle Static Route
- 2.2.3: Provide CV Driver Electronic Credential and Tax Filing Interface
- 2.4.2: Collect On-board Commercial Vehicle Sensor Data
- 2.4.5: Communicate Commercial Vehicle On-board Data to Vehicle Manager
- 2.4.8: Correlate Commercial Vehicle Route
- 188.8.131.52: Provide Driver Interface for Intermodal Freight Dispatch
|01||The commercial vehicle shall request priority at a signalized intersection, including signals at the entrance to or exit from an intermodal shipping facility.|
|02||The commercial vehicle shall provide vehicle location and motion information to local connected vehicle equipment near signalized intersections.|
Currently, there are no standards associated with the functional object itself though the interfaces may have standards associated with them.