Physical Object: Transportation Information Center
TIC Traffic Control Dissemination
'TIC Traffic Control Dissemination' disseminates intersection status, lane control information, and other traffic control related information that is real-time or near real-time in nature and relevant to vehicles in a relatively local area on the road network. It collects traffic control information from Traffic Management Center(s) and disseminates the relevant information to vehicles and other mobile devices.
This functional object is included in the "Transportation Information Center" physical object.
This functional object is included in the following service packages:
- CVO06: Freight Signal Priority
- MC10: Asset Tracking
- MC11: Maintenance and Construction Signal Priority
- MC12: One-Way Convoy Driving
- PS03: Emergency Vehicle Preemption
- PT09: Transit Signal Priority
- PT10: Intermittent Bus Lanes
- ST06: HOV/HOT Lane Management
- ST07: Eco-Lanes Management
- ST08: Eco-Approach and Departure at Signalized Intersections
- TM04: Connected Vehicle Traffic Signal System
- TM21: Speed Harmonization
- TM22: Dynamic Lane Management and Shoulder Use
- VS08: Queue Warning
- VS09: Reduced Speed Zone Warning / Lane Closure
- VS10: Restricted Lane Warnings
- VS12: Vulnerable Road User Safety
- VS13: Intersection Safety Warning and Collision Avoidance
- VS15: Infrastructure Enhanced Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control
- VS16: Automated Vehicle Operations
This functional object is mapped to the following Functional View PSpecs:
|The center shall provide intersection status, lane control information, and other real time traffic control related information to vehicles.
|The center shall collect traffic control information from Traffic Management Center.
|The center shall provide real time signal phase and timing information for all lanes at a signalized intersection to vehicle.
|The center shall provide target speed limit, speed advisories, and/or speed limit information to vehicle.
|The center shall be able to disseminate notification of infrastructure issues such as objects in or near travel lanes and shoulders.
|The center shall provide queue information to vehicles.
|The center shall notify travelers about one- way convoy operations including any lane closures or lane reversals.
Currently, there are no standards associated with the functional object itself though the interfaces may have standards associated with them.