Physical Object: Transit Management Center
Transit Center Fixed-Route Operations
'Transit Center Fixed-Route Operations' manages fixed route transit operations. It supports creation of schedules, blocks and runs for fixed and flexible route transit services. It allows fixed-route and flexible-route transit services to disseminate schedules and automatically updates customer service operator systems with the most current schedule information. It also supports automated dispatch of transit vehicles. Current vehicle schedule adherence and optimum scenarios for schedule adjustment are also provided. It also receives and processes transit vehicle loading data.
This functional object is included in the "Transit Management Center" physical object.
This functional object is included in the following service packages:
This functional object is mapped to the following Functional View PSpecs:
- 220.127.116.11: Manage Transit Vehicle Operations
- 18.104.22.168: Manage Transit Vehicle Deviations
- 22.214.171.124: Generate Transit Routes
- 126.96.36.199: Generate Transit Schedules
- 188.8.131.52: Produce Transit Service Data for External Use
- 184.108.40.206: Provide Transit Operations Personnel Interface for Services Generation
- 220.127.116.11: Manage Transit Operational Data Store
- 18.104.22.168: Produce Transit Service Data for Manage Transit Use
- 4.2.2: Provide Transit Plans Store Interface
- 4.5.1: Assess Transit Vehicle Operator Performance
- 4.5.2: Assess Transit Vehicle Operator Availability
- 4.5.3: Access Transit Vehicle Operator Cost Effectiveness
- 4.5.4: Assess Transit Vehicle Operator Eligibility
- 4.5.5: Generate Transit Vehicle Operator Route Assignments
- 4.5.6: Report Transit Vehicle Operator Information
- 4.5.7: Provide Transit Vehicle Operator Information Store Interface
|The center shall generate transit routes and schedules based on such factors as parameters input by the system operator, road network conditions, incident information, operational data on current routes and schedules, and digitized map data.
|The center shall provide the interface to the system operator to control the generation of new routes and schedules (transit services) including the ability to review and update the parameters used by the routes and schedules generation processes and to initiate these processes
|The center shall generate special routes and schedules to support an incident, disaster, evacuation, or other emergency.
|The center shall dispatch fixed route or flexible route transit vehicles.
|The center shall collect transit operational data for use in the generation of routes and schedules.
|The center shall provide instructions or corrective actions to the transit vehicle operators based upon operational needs.
|The center shall manage large deviations of individual transit vehicles, deviations in rural areas, and deviations of large numbers of vehicles.
|The center shall generate the necessary corrective actions which may involve more than the vehicles concerned and more far reaching action, such as, the introduction of extra vehicles, wide area signal priority by traffic management, the premature termination of some services, etc.
|The center shall exchange information with Maintenance and Construction Operations concerning work zones, roadway conditions, asset restrictions, work plans, etc.
|The center shall disseminate up-to-date schedules and route information to other centers for fixed and flexible route services.
|The center shall provide an interface to the archive data repository to enable the operator to retrieve historical operating data for use in planning transit routes and schedules.
|The center shall receive information from Traffic Operations concerning road network conditions, incidents, and other impacts to the road network.
|The center shall monitor transit vehicle schedule adherence in order to manage transit vehicle operations.
Currently, there are no standards associated with the functional object itself though the interfaces may have standards associated with them.