Transit Vehicle Operator
The 'Transit Vehicle Operator' represents the person that receives and provides additional information that is specific to operating the ITS functions in all types of transit vehicles. The information received by the operator would include status of on-board systems. Additional information received depends upon the type of transit vehicle. In the case of fixed route transit vehicles, the Transit Vehicle Operator would receive operator instructions that might include actions to take to correct schedule deviations. In the case of flexible fixed routes and demand response routes the information would also include dynamic routing or passenger pickup information.
This physical object does not have any functionality defined in ARC-IT, as it exists outside the system functional boundary.
This physical object is included in the following Service Packages:
- PT02: Transit Fixed-Route Operations
- PT03: Dynamic Transit Operations
- PT04: Transit Fare Collection Management
- PT05: Transit Security
- PT06: Transit Fleet Management
- PT09: Transit Signal Priority
- PT10: Intermittent Bus Lanes
- PT11: Transit Pedestrian Indication
- PT12: Transit Vehicle at Station/Stop Warnings
- PT13: Vehicle Turning Right in Front of a Transit Vehicle
- PT15: Transit Stop Request
- PT17: Transit Connection Protection
- VS04: V2V Special Vehicle Alert
This physical object has the following security levels for the associated service packages.
|Physical Object Security|
|Security Class||Confidentiality||Integrity||Availability||Service Package|
|Security levels have not been defined yet.|
Currently, there are no standards associated with the physical object itself though the interfaces may have standards associated with them. For standards related to interfaces, see the specific information flow triple pages.