Physical Object: Traffic Management Center
TMC Speed Warning
'TMC Speed Warning' supports remote control and monitoring of reduced speed zone warning roadside equipment. It provides the location and extent of the reduced speed zone, the posted speed limit(s) with information about the applicability of the speed limit(s) (e.g., time of day, day of week, seasonality, relevant vehicle types) and information about associated road configuration changes including lane merges and shifts. It monitors field equipment operation and reports current status to the operator.
This functional object is included in the "Traffic Management Center" physical object.
This functional object is included in the following service packages:
- TM17: Speed Warning and Enforcement
- VS05: Curve Speed Warning
- VS09: Reduced Speed Zone Warning / Lane Closure
- VS17: Traffic Code Dissemination
This functional object is mapped to the following Functional View PSpecs:
- 184.108.40.206: Process Vehicle Situation Data
- 220.127.116.11: Output In-vehicle Signage Data
- 18.104.22.168: Output Roadway Information Data
- 22.214.171.124: Maintain Traffic and Sensor Static Data
- 126.96.36.199: Provide Static Data Store Output Interface
- 1.2.8: Collect Traffic Field Equipment Fault Data
- 188.8.131.52: Manage Vehicle Speed on Roadway
|01||The center shall provide the capability to notify an enforcement agency when vehicle speeds in the work zone are in excess of the posted speed limit or are creating an unsafe condition based upon the current environmental or traffic conditions.|
|02||The center shall province the capability to control automated speed monitoring and speed warning systems.|
|03||The center shall monitor reduced speed zone warning field equipment.|
|04||The center shall control reduced speed zone warning roadside equipment, providing the location and extent of the reduced speed zone, the posted speed limit(s) with information about the applicability of the speed limit(s) (e.g., time of day, day of week, seasonality, relevant vehicle types) and information about associated road configuration changes including lane merges and shifts.|
The following table lists the standards associated with the functional object itself (as opposed to standards associated with an interface).
|NEMA TS 8 Cyber and Physical Security||Cyber and Physical Security for Intelligent Transportation Systems|