What's New in ARC-IT
What's New in ARC-IT Version 9.1
ARC-IT Version 9.1 is a significant update of the US National ITS Architecture Reference focusing on improvements that support design and requirements specification. The most significant enhancements for version 9.1 are:
Service Package Implementation: A subset of a service package that defines an approach for meeting the user needs of a given service package.
An implementation indicates what functions and flow triples are required, and which flows and functions may enhance the service without duplicative effort or interference.
More than 50 Service Package Implementations are defined for many commonly used ARC-IT service packages, including:
- PS03: Emergency Vehicle Pre-emption
- PT09: Transit Signal Priority
- ST08: Eco-Approach and Departure at Signalized Intersections
- TM01: Infrastructure-Based Traffic Surveillance
- TM03: Traffic Signal Control
- TM06: Traffic Information Dissemination...and more
New or significantly enhanced Service Packages:
- MC11: Maintenance and Construction Vehicle Signal Priority
- SU14: Remote Access
- ST05: Electric Charging Stations Management
- Updates to all views to reflect changes in technology and standards development
If the term "ARC-IT" is new to you or it has been a few years since you've visited the National ITS Architecture, you may find the Key Concepts document helpful.