ARC-IT 101 / Refresher Training
This on-site training course on the Architecture Reference for Cooperative & Intelligent Transportation (ARC-IT) is typically conducted as part of another architecture workshop, either another training session on the software toolset (RAD-IT or SET-IT) or as part of a regional ITS architecture workshop. The purpose of this training is to prepare ITS professionals with an introduction to the Architecture and to acquaint students with the background, structure, and use of the architecture. They will be able to effectively navigate the website to find the ARC-IT content they need for their ITS architecture and project definition.
- Public sector professionals responsible for regional or statewide transportation planning, regional ITS architecture development and maintenance, as well as those planning, designing or generating specifications for ITS projects.
- Private sector consultants under contract to the public sector for developing or maintaining a regional ITS architecture, ITS planning, and project development.
- No prior background in ITS architecture is required.
Course Goal and Outcomes
The goal of this course is to prepare ITS professionals to use and navigate the ARC-IT Website to support regional and project architecture development.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and basic structure of ARC-IT
- Navigate the ARC-IT website to find key architecture components:
- Overall website features
- Service Packages
- Physical diagrams
- Communications Diagrams
- Other architecture resources & tools
- Describe how regional architectures support planning and project development
- Describe in general terms the tools used to support application of ARC-IT — RAD-IT for regional and SET-IT for project architectures