188.8.131.52: Update Vehicle Navigable Map Database
This process shall update the vehicle's navigable database based on digitized data obtained from a map provider, or other appropriate data source. The update shall be initiated by the driver through another process. The process shall have the capability to allow a financial transaction (to pay for the update) to be successfully completed using processes in the Provide Electronic Payment Services function. When the new map data is received, it shall be loaded by the process into the vehicle map database data store for use by other processes. The result of the update request (successful or not) shall be sent back to the driver interface process for output to the driver. This process shall also accept input from broadcasts from the infrastructure that contain local specific roadway geometry and intersection details data.
This process is associated with the Vehicle physical object.
This process is associated with the following functional objects:
- Light Vehicle Trip Planning and Route Guidance
- Vehicle Basic Safety Communication
- Vehicle Emissions Monitoring
- Vehicle Environmental Monitoring
- Vehicle Intersection Warning
- Vehicle Location Determination
- Vehicle Map Management
- Vehicle Rail Crossing Warning
- Vehicle Restricted Lanes Application
- Vehicle Speed Management Assist
- Vehicle Traveler Information Reception
This process is associated with the following data flows: